Make Your Donor Data Work
Join Fundraising Nerd to learn the fundamentals of donor data management.
No matter which fundraising database you use, you’ll learn the principles behind donor data management, and you’ll be ready to apply them to your database.
Webinars will be presented live, with a Q&A session for participants. After the live presentation, webinars will be available for participants to download and view on demand.
Get all 8 sessions of Fundraising Nerd’s Winter/Spring 2019 webinar series. This is a great deal on 12 hours of learning, with a savings of $150 off of individually-priced sessions! Each webinar will be offered live, with a Q&A session. For on-demand viewing, season pass holders will have access to download each webinar as it is released.
AVAILABLE LIVE AND ON DEMAND AS WEBINARS ARE RELEASED
Early bird price ($350) available until February 15, 2019.
PEOPLE & ORGANIZATIONS
Every donor database starts with the people and organizations in it. Learn how to handle common challenges in managing biographical data.
· Setting name standards
· Managing contact data (addresses, email, phone numbers)
· Other biographical data to consider tracking, and how to track it
· Setting up your database to be inclusive of diverse gender identities
· Managing relationships between records: households, family and other interpersonal relationships, and relationships between people and organizations
· Donor life events (marriage, divorce, death)
· Basic data hygiene
LIVE: Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Pacific
Early bird price ($45) available until February 1, 2019.
Gift entry is one of the most challenging aspects of donor data management. We’ll cover donor-centered and IRS-compliant gift entry, including complex gifts.
· Gift entry basics
· Pledge management
· Tracking appeals, campaigns, and funds
· Anonymous donors
· In-kind gifts
· Gifts with premium/quid pro quo
· Soft credits
· Employer matching gifts
· Tribute gifts
· Stock gifts
LIVE: Wednesday, march 13, 2019, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm Pacific
Early bird price ($65) available until February 8, 2019.
Good prospect management practices will help you attain major gift success. You’ll leave this session with a solid understanding of prospect management basics, and tools you can use right away in your office and in your database to step up your organization’s major gift game. The techniques you learn will help you focus on your best prospects, use your time efficiently, and ensure that none of your donors “fall through the cracks”.
· Tracking who is a prospect
· Tracking progress through the prospect/moves management cycles
· Tracking activities and next steps
· Tracking volunteer and executive director relationships and activities
· Tracking asks
· Prospect management reporting
· How to keep your pipeline moving
LIVE: Wednesday, March 27, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. pacific
Early bird price ($65) available until February 15, 2019.
No matter which database system you use, creating useful reports can be difficult. This session will give you some tips that will make it easier for you to get the data you want out of your donor database. We’ll look at recommended go-to reports that will help you manage your daily operations and evaluate your fundraising success. You’ll walk away prepared to create your own suite of standard reports.
· Query-building basics
· Report design considerations
· Recommended reports
· Creating your own standard report suite
LIVE: wednesday, april 10, 2019, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. pacific
Early bird price ($45) available until February 15, 2019.
We’ll talk about a variety of strategies you can use to clean up your database and keep it clean. From database standards and documentation to audits, appends, and cleanses, you have many options. This session will demystify them and give you a place to begin improving your data’s cleanliness and usefulness.
· Data entry standards and documentation
· Data audits
· User permissions
· Database cleanses and appends
· Where to start in your database
Live: wednesday, April 24, 2019 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Pacific
Early bird price ($45) available until March 1, 2019.
VOLUNTEERS AND EVENTS
Managing and analyzing how your constituents engage with your organization can make a powerful impact on your fundraising. This session will cover managing volunteers and event attendance. We’ll discuss the basics of volunteer and event management: what to track, when to track it, and where to track it. We will cover the pros and cons of using your donor database versus a standalone tool. We’ll also discuss how to keep you donor database and external volunteer and event management systems in sync.
· Managing volunteers
· Managing events
· Your donor database vs. external tools
· Syncing your database with external volunteer and/or event management systems
live: wednesday, may 8, 2019, 10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
Early bird price ($45) available until March 15, 2019.
Smart fundraising metrics help you stay on track to meet your fundraising goals. We’ll cover metrics development including design, data collection, data analysis, and putting your results into action. We’ll also look at common metrics for a few areas of fundraising: annual fund, major giving, planned giving, foundation/corporate relations, and events.
· Designing your metrics
· Collecting metric data
· Analyzing and deploying metric data
· Evaluating whether your metrics are working
· Best practices for metrics by fundraising area
live: wednesday, june 5, 2019, 10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
Early bird price ($50) available until April 15, 2019.
Learn a few techniques to identify your top prospects. You’ll walk away ready to do a couple of hands-on easy projects right away. Some Excel knowledge is recommended for this session (e.g. knowing how to sort and filter).
· Analytics basics
· What makes a good prospect?
· What should you be tracking?
· Hands-on project: Giving loyalty (aka density)
· Hands-on project: RFM scoring
LIVE: wednesday, june 19, 2019, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. pacific
Early bird price ($85) available until April 30, 2019.